Emergency - Call 911
Immediately call 911 in life threatening emergencies such as not breathing, unconsciousness, or severe bleeding.
Contact Poison Control at (800) 222-1222, if your child has eaten any poisonous substance. If you are unsure when to call poison control, check with your pediatrician.
Call our office after-hours exchange at (314) 362-4426 when emergencies occur after the office has closed. Some examples of when you should call our exchange would be:
- Difficulty breathing or wheezing, any asthma episode of which you need help
- Possible head injury
- Injuries to limbs, a wound that may need stitches, animal bites
- Any fever in an infant under 3 months Fever 105 degrees or greater in children older than 3 months
- Any fever with other symptoms like stiff neck, rash, headache
- Anytime you are worried about your child's symptoms - remember, you are the parent and you know best!